Game Center Player Identifiers
Description: Game Center now supports persistent player identifiers scoped to individual games or to a developer team ID. Understand how scoped identifiers enhance player privacy and see how to transition your apps and games onto the recommended API.
- GKLocalPlayer represents authenticated player. Has persistent teamPlayerID & gamePlayerID
- GKPlayer provides info about other players. Uses scoped IDs
- Scoped IDs teamplayerID and gamePlayerID
- properties on GKPlayer
- increase player privacy
- replace the playerID (has been deprecated) with scoped IDs (save game data / backend)
- perform conversion after next authentication
- teamPlayerID scoped to development team
- gamePlayerID scoped to game
This note was originally published at github.com/Blackjacx/WWDC.