Meet Face ID and Touch ID for the web
Description: Face ID and Touch ID provide a frictionless experience when logging in — and now you can use them on your websites in Safari with the Web Authentication API. Discover how to add this convenient and secure login alternative to your website.
- Use web authentication standard, FIDO sticks are now basically integrated into iOS!
- Supports multi factor authentication in a single step
- 2 information combined: something you own, something you are
- Optional attestation available in web authentication API, Apple makes this privacy-safe
- Can be turned on after signing in via password, future sign ins possible safely
- Doesn't replace existing authentication, just a secure and convenient re-signin
This note was originally published at www.notion.so.