What's new in Mac Catalyst
Description: Discover the latest updates to Mac Catalyst and find out how you can bring your iPadOS app to the Mac. Explore enhancements to the application lifecycle, integrate new extensions into your apps, and learn how the new look and feel of macOS impacts Mac Catalyst apps. Get a taste of the new Optimized for Mac mode. And learn more about all the improvements — including framework availability and beautiful new designs — that make bringing your iPad app to the Mac easier than ever. To get the most out of this session, you should have a basic familiarity with Mac Catalyst. We recommend you watch “Introducing iPad Apps for Mac” to acquaint yourself. For more on refining your Mac Catalyst app, consider watching “Optimize the interface of your Mac Catalyst app”.
- Added dozens of frameworks, even some iOS only ones if targeting macOS Big Sur
UISceneActivationRequestOptions.CollectionJoinBehaviorinfluences windows tabbed vs new window
NSCursorAPI to hide the cursor and change the image on Mac
- Many improvements without need for action by developers
- Use command and toolbars in SwiftUI
- Universal purchase turned on by default, uncheck 'Use iOS bundle identifier' to opt out
- New accent color of macOS Big Sur supported, too
- Collection views support rearranging items out of the box, prefer over tables
This note was originally published at www.notion.so.